Our client, one of the UK's leading energy providers based in Retford, Nottinghamshire, is looking for a Co-ordinator/Administrator - Learning & Development. The successful applicant will prioritise, schedule and manage all training and competency requirements for the station; taking into account business risk, regulatory requirements, performance against budget and skills gap analysis. This will be driven through the use of the stations management system, SAP. The role will also provide professional and efficient coordination and an administrative support service for the CCGT Station Manager and the CCGT Management Team in order to optimise the proficiency of the team.
- Accountable for managing expenditure against budget for Learning and Development activities of up to 150k pa
- Responsible for supporting an organisation of 67 people in all training and competency needs.
- Produce and manage the CCGT station training plan based on a need's analysis, ensuring this is transparent to all. This is to include working alongside all levels of leadership positions on the station to understand and challenge requests and requirements and preparing the yearly MTP submissions to determine future training budgets.
- Ensure a quality training provision is delivered in a cost-effective manner across the station. To include sourcing vendors, creating course information in SAP, co-ordinating all training invitations and collecting post training evaluation feedback for future improvement.
- To chair the monthly competency and training forum with Extended Lead Team ensuring that any changes to the competency framework or question sets in SAP are correctly reflected across all role profiles with an understanding of the business impact; with an ultimate focus on it remaining best in class.
- Produce regular station reporting on all areas of training and competency identifying costs, trends and risks to the Management Team for input into the monthly management meeting.
- Organise and deliver best in class new starter induction programme and support line managers in organising 1, 3 and 6 month probation reviews. This is to include the co-ordination of work experience and graduate placements at the station also.
- Create all new starter competency profiles in SAP and support ongoing maintenance of individual profiles. To do the same for basic Contractor records and IT requests where required also.
- To lead and manage governance of the CCGT training catalogue managed through SAP, ensuring that all courses are assigned to correct positions in the structure and competency profiles. Furthermore, using this data, Identify lapses in competency, tickets or related qualifications.
- Provide additional support and support cross discipline projects as required by the Station Senior Leadership Team where required.
- Providing diary management to the Station Manager and CCGT Management Team using judgement and initiative to proactively identify and resolve conflicting meeting and travel arrangements taking into account business priorities to make the best use of time.
- Accurate notetaking at meetings, ensuring that all materials for meetings are prepared in a timely manner and collated and distributed prior to meetings. To ensure all meeting preparation has been arranged.
- Being the first point of contact for the CCGT Management Team for internal and external contacts ensuring all enquires and messages are forwarded and/or managed in an efficient and timely manner
- Preparing briefs, presentations, report gathering and summarising data for the CCGT Management Team when required.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Extensive working knowledge of SAP; particularly EHS and HR modules
* Knowledge of creating, developing and presenting training plans with budget requirements to senior managers
* Excellent organisational skills, planning and be able to prioritise and enjoy working in a team environment as well as on their own
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation both written and verbally
* Challenges appropriately and demonstrates resilience
* Demonstrates a logical and rigorous thought process
* The ability to manage budgets and asset resources
* IOSH Managing Safely
* Self-motivated and delivery focused; track record of successfully seeking and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
* Be able to demonstrate problem-solving skills, taking initiative, strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and be comfortable working in a confidential environment
- A working knowledge of awarding bodies and the associated standards expected
- HND/ HNC or BTEC in a business administration discipline or equivalent with relevant experience.
- CIPD Level 5 or above - Certificate in Learning and Development
Please note; if successful you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary assignment. The duration of the role is until the end of December 2021. You will be expected to undertake a drug and alcohol test as well as be security checked.
If you have not heard from Manpower within 15 business days of submitting your application, then unfortunately your application has not been shortlisted at this time.